Friday, September 9, 2011

Good News!

Good News! 

The test rolls came out great. Luckily it looks as though the film wasn't damaged by any climate ware and tear after all! I am thrilled to say the very least. What a relief. The only thing now is to keep our fingers crossed that I can do you all proud and have some images worth exhibiting. The rest of the negatives as well as the digitized scans will be ready on Tuesday. Then I go into editing mode. Once I have them all sorted out and ready to be shown, they will go up on a website for you all to view. 

Here is another image I took with my digital camera. This old lady lives in San Martin and is the mother of the professor of the village. She and her son hosted Chris over the course of three days cooking for us and welcoming us to their community as we came down river from San Juan. San Martin is another Amahuaca village sitting on the Inuya river closer to the city of Atalaya. 


This shot was taken while a group of the Amahuaca were looking over a copy of A Farewell to Eden, the book published fifty years ago by Huxley and Capa. They recounted stories of those they recognized in the images layered between the text. There is a sense of warm nostalgia that emanates from her smile as she seems to recount times passed. I miss her and the subtlety of her kind and humble demeanor. I miss the jungle...

No comments:

Post a Comment